CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 16, 2008 –Headache from Hell-

Today I went to the cente of Lima. (The capitol of Peru) my dad got me up around 8:15 and told me that we were leaving around 9:30 so I needed to get ready because breakfast as at 8:30/45 approx. I got up around 8:30.. hahaha and went to breakfast where I had tea, Bread, and Peruvian Jelly... which was yyummy I might add. But I took a shower after that... a cold one.. my aunts house doesnt have an automated water heater sooo... its safe to say that after that shower I was awake. But I got read, put some clothes and sandals on and met my uncle and dad outside where they were waiting for my aunt and me. My uncle Lucio took one look at me and laughed. I was wearing a tshirt, jeans and sandals… and he thought that I was stupid or something because He called me crazy and my dad took me by my arm and took me to out room and told me that I needed to put a jacket on... which to I replied “ I dont have one here.” Lets just say that I got the look of ander/disappointment and humor all in one. I put one of my swetshirts on and told him that I’d be ok.. and he told me that I need top ut shoes and socks on but it was probably 70 degrees outside and a Little cloudy… so I thought that I was good…so after about 5 min. Of arguing in Spanglish he let me wear my sandals. (Even though my Uncle told my dad that it as a bad idea.) But we took a bus to the center of Lima which was an experience all its own…to ge ton these things youneed to track them down and be able to stand up for 20-30 minutes depending on traffic. But I must say that I loved every minute of it becauseI felt like I was actually living. But we got to the park/monumento of San Martin, the Guy from Argentina that led Peru to be a free country. But we passed the park to go to the across the street to change some of our Money into soles (ther Peruvian name for their currency) then went to the travel agency that had our tickets. So we got our tickets for Chiclayo…finally! Our flight is at 5:10 romorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But after that we started alkig the streets of Lima. Can I Just say that my dad was right wehen He told me that I should have worn shoes...the sidealks were filthy...people had peed (among other things) where I was walking...so my feet were feeling NASTY! Haha But we went to the music conservatory where my dad attended over 30 years ago! But we went there to visit with my dads friends that went to school with him but are now teachers there. And can I say that that right there was hilarious! This one Guy, whos a guiarist Just like my dad, looked at my dad like he was an alien. He looked at him and said hi, and asked how he could help my dad.. ad my dad asked him if he didnt remember him.. the guy looked at my dads face for a bit…and his eyes widened andexclaimed “ NER!” hahah :D He said that dad is as big as a cow and my dad told him not to say that..he’s a Bull.. hahaha oh Peruvian Humor! But we visited him for a bit then went to an office to see what I had to do to get my Peruvian Passport (We found out that I can do it in Chiclayo) But we went back to my aunts house and ate..then my dad and i went back to the music conservatory to listen to their guitar ensemble. They were REALLY GOOD! Haha but my dad got more music soooooo he was really happy since he can never have enough music. But we were about to leave when I spotted their orchestra so we listened to them for a bit then went back to the house.. but because I was in town all day where all of the pollution is.. and now.. I have a yuuuuge headach. Like im talking like I can feel my brain hitting the sides of my skull! But I took 3 tylonols so Im going to bed….
Until Next Time…
XOXO
<3 Glenda

1 comments:

Jewel said...

Your feet WILL get dirty.. it happens. =) I'm so jealous that you're not in America right now!