CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

...I don't think you understand your racial remarks...

My prima Suzy just gave birth to quads not too long ago so last Friday I went there to help out... well one of my duties that I was assigned to do was take her books out of a shelf then put the videos and VHS tapes on the shelves. To my surprise, I saw a movie I watched in Spanish class in high school. The movie is called "My family" or "Mi Familia". So when I saw the movie I gasped and asked her if I could borrow the movie from her and give it back to her the next time I came; she agreed and I began a very short yet interesting adventure.





The movie "My Family" is about a Latino family and their struggles. There's love, death, adventure and comedy all wrapped up in this RATED R... yes R, movie.


What has sparked a light under my rear to write this blog, was something that my ROOMMATE said to me while she stood in the room staring at the television with the movie playing. She said, "They're only good for making babies." Now I will say that she didn't want to say it, but I told her to go ahead and say what she was thinking... but still she said those words.


This is the girl who says that she is "fully cultured" and has "friends of every race"... yet she still made a very hurtful remark. I don't think that other people understand what it's like to be the one who is being made fun of or to be socially targeted. It does hurt when people ignore the fact that we are all children of God, but pull the color card out and just try to sound knowledgeable or smart when in reality they sound very rude and hateful.

0 comments: