CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

...::Complications::...

It's hard to please people.


I've recently found that being a scriptwriter is very frustrating and as well as complicated. There's no way that I can please anyone and everyone, I mean seriously! No matter what you're going to write, there's going to be at least one person that is going to disagree with you and/or straight up DISS you.


I know that in class today Dr. King brought up the point that we shouldn't take the critiques that are said in/out of class personally (especially in Communications). But honestly today I felt like my group members and I were not only persecuted, but targeted. I understand the difference's in opinion that all people have, but I don't understand why so many people took the video so serious. The assignment was to get a group of 2-3 people and create a CREATIVE/ORIGINAL script and have it produced.


My group rewrote the script 11 times, we basically killed part of the Amazon for this one project and I feel like we got ridiculed because it wasn't up to par. I really do understand that we need to accept what other people say, but I think that we as LISTENERS and/or THE AUDIENCE need to just chill out. We need to understand the tons and tons of work that people have made to make this production that we're either seeing or listening to.


I myself have been guilty of being too critical of a judge! I've watched MANY shows/movies and listened to numerous radio shows/commercials that didn't seem to make sense to me. Since taking this class I've noticed myself critiquing almost everything that comes on tv and/or the radio...but I critique the good things as well. There could be something that doesn't really appeal to me as much as my friend who's sitting next to me, but I don't judge them and bash everything about it (unless it's "Trick My Truck"... that just makes me laugh).


I believe that my frustration is mostly from the feeling of pain, maybe it's just hard for me to sit there as people picked the bones of my "baby". I honestly believe that the good to bad comments for our group project was probably a 1:7. Though criticism is meant to help writers (or whomever) become better at what they do, I think that we must also point out the good points. As humans, we thrive on being loved and/or having the feeling of being loved; so why not have that feeling in mind when talking about something that other people have worked so hard on?


I'm sorry if anyone is offended by this blog, but the reason behind a blog is to share one's thoughts and/or feelings. This post is my feelings and my thoughts on today's class. I'm not one to slander another person's name, so I am blogging about today's class to help certain people understand that your words really do hurt even though a person can put up a strong front. Even if you critique something, the least you could do is do it in a way that doesn't make you look ignorant or even too soft. Say what you have to say, but keep in mind the hard work people put into it.

0 comments: